I’m honored to begin working with you on your journey to living the life that you crave!
About Life Coaching:
You may have heard of the term, but aren’t quite clear about what a Life Coach actually does. As Martha Beck describes it, “a Life Coach is to Therapist as a Personal Trainer is to a Doctor.” That means we help mentally and emotionally healthy people become their best self. As a Life Coach, I can help you clarify and articulate what you want most from life and how best to achieve it.
The International Coaching Federation (ICF) defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking, creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. Coaches honor clients as the experts in their life and work, and believe every client is creative, resourceful, and whole.
Standing on this foundation, a coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what clients want to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Help remove barriers that prevent clients from realizing their goals and intentions
- Hold clients responsible and accountable
Coaching tools help you overcome the obstacles that are keeping you from creating the results you want in life, work, relationships and spiritual growth. I won’t tell you what you should do…Instead, I’ll ask powerful (yet simple) questions to help YOU find the answers that are within you and right for you.
What Coaching Is NOT:
Coaching is not a substitute for psychotherapy. It is not for people with serious emotional traumas or chemical imbalances.
Coaching is about creating results, not dealing with crises. It focuses on the future and can assist you in changing your attitudes about, and as a result of, past experiences.
Anything and everything you share with Inversion Coaching is confidential. Even the fact that we are communicating right now is confidential. However, because I am a coach, it is not legally privileged in the same way that a therapist or lawyer relationship would be. That means, if I am subpoenaed for any reason or required by law, conversations during sessions are not protected legally.
That being said, I will do everything in my power to protect the information you share within legal means. It is important to me that you have an environment of complete trust and a safe space to work through whatever comes up during our sessions together.
In rare instances, I may share details with my coach mentors only if I feel it warrants guidance for how I can best serve you, all while taking great caution to keep your identity anonymous.
Disclaimer: If during a conversation, I feel that you are a danger to yourself or to others, I am required by law to take action to protect you and others. In which case, I will break confidentiality.
Jennifer Bauer is a Certified Martha Beck Life Coach. Most of the tools used in sessions come from the Martha Beck Institute training program with permission to use and adapt.
Coaching sessions last one hour, although they may go over a bit from time to time depending on the flow of the call. Sessions are conducted via Zoom conference calling, with an option to dial in or use the app on a computer or mobile phone for video conferencing. Packages must be paid in advance when booking sessions. For your records, rates are as follows based on supply and demand:
3-Session Discovery Pack* – MinimumPackage Required
6-Session Exploration Pack* – 10% Discount
*All sessions must be used within 12 months of initial purchase date. No refunds will be issued for unused sessions.Payments may be sent by check or through PayPal to Jennifer Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are intended to maximize what you get out of your coaching sessions.
- If you need to reschedule our appointment, please notify me at least 24 hours in advance. Cancellations, or reschedules, less than 24-hours prior to the appointment will incur a fee of 50% of the per-session rate, and cancellations within 12-hours prior to the appointment will incur a 100% fee. I understand that emergencies arise, therefore, the first instance of a late-cancelation will not incur a fee. The second, and any future cancelations or reschedules, within the 24-hour window will incur the fee. In such instances, I will do my best to fit you in another available coaching slot that same week.
- If you are running late for an appointment, please send an email to let me know when you’ll be ready. We will still need to end our session at the originally scheduled hour mark.
- Please ensure that you do not partake in any mood altering substances prior-to, or during, our sessions. This includes drugs (outside of prescription medications), alcohol or excessive amounts of caffeine – as this “confuses” the mind and body and inhibits our ability to use the coaching tools accurately.
- Please be ready to take the call from a quiet location where you can be free to talk openly and close both of your eyes as part of working some of the tools. Please put away any distractions, including but not limited to:
– Computer (aside from our conference call)
– Phone (i.e.: apps, though using it for our phone call is expected)
– Children / Pets
By scheduling coaching sessions, I acknowledge that I have read this document in its entirety and accept all of the above conditions as well as the following:
I acknowledge that Jennifer Bauer is not a licensed therapist, psychiatrist, counselor or medical doctor. Jennifer Bauer will recommend professional services, if necessary.
I acknowledge that Life Coaching is not about giving advice or telling me, the client, what I should do.
I understand that I am responsible for my personal well being before, during and after coaching sessions.
I understand that I take full responsibility for any choices or decisions that I make.
I understand that I can discontinue coaching services at any time.
I understand that Jennifer Bauer has the legal responsibility to report to authorities any claims of abuse or intent to harm myself or another person.